Pa Workers Comp: Workplace Bullying
It’s an unfortunate fact of life that some people never grow up. Despite the fact most would assume that bullies would kick their bad habits after graduating high school, a lot of bullying does go on in the American workplace.
Examples of workplace bullying include :
- Verbally abusing somebody by shouting and/or swearing
- A single employee being singled out for unjustified criticism or blame, by either a coworker or a supervisor
- Exclusion from company activities such as lunches and picnics
- Having an employee’s contributions and accomplishments purposely ignored
- Embarrassing or humiliating somebody
- Pranks and practical jokes, especially if they are constantly being done on the same person
Workplace bullying is not only bad for morale, but it can also lead to serious mental and physical health problems for its victims. Common issues that appear in victims or workplace bullying include :
- Digestive Issues
- High Blood Pressure
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Suicidal Thoughts
IF YOU, A COWORKER, OR ANYONE ELSE YOU KNOW IS SHOWING ANY SYMPTOMS OF SUICIDAL THOUGHTS (warning signs can be found here) IT’S IMPORTANT THAT THIS PERSON SEE A DOCTOR OR A MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL IMMEDIATELY!
If bullying is going on in your workplace, speak with your supervisor to discuss what can be done to stop the behavior. And, if you or one of your coworkers is experiencing mental or physical health problems as a result of workplace bullying, you may be entitled to Pennsylvania workers’ compensation benefits. If you live in the Harrisburg, Allentown, or Bethlehem area, contact PAWorkersCompHelpNow for a FREE consultation. Give us a call at (717) 234-2402 or send us a message.
We proudly serve Clinton, Columbia, and Crawford county, as well as all other counties in Pennsylvania!